This blog belongs to Austin Kaufmann and his ESL 221 students for the purpose of sharing class materials and students' writing.
Friday, September 5, 2014
Self Introduction
I'm Firat from Turkey. My hometown is Van placed at east part of Turkey at border of Iran. I can speak Turkish, Kurdish and a little bit English.
I'm graduate student at mathematics department. This is my second semester in USA. To be honest, I didn't make a good start at USA. I came here on January. Around that time the weather was terrible cold. I used to have an American dream in my mind which did't match in East Lansing. At first glance, I thought it is small town and there is limited things to do. Everything became so hard. The hardest part was that I could't speak with Americans and couldn't understand them well. Actually, I like communicate with people and make new friends, but coming here I lost my skill. The ability of express myself the way I wanted . Eventually, I developed extreme homesickness. I really wanted to go home. And I used to ask myself that "what am I doing here?".This feeling is called cultural shock. And I think I am handling it. And I believe that this course will serve my adjustment process.
Beyond this, I like travelling and doing sports activities such as soccer, basketball.
Labels:
Firat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment