Thursday, September 18, 2014

Resources for Revising Your Draft

Need help understanding my editing marks? 

Confused about what WC means? (In this context, it does not mean "water closet," or restroom.  Nor does it stand for "World Cup," although I do like soccer.

It stands for "Word Choice," meaning you need to select a more appropriate, more interesting, or more academic word.

For this kind of information, download this pdf: Austin's Editing Marks.


Need help with dialog? 

Here's a great website, called the "Fiction Writer's Mentor," that gives great advice for writing, including some great tips for all aspects of dialog.

Some of the aspects this website addresses (that many of you could use help with) are:
- How to Write Dialog
- Writing Good Dialog
- Punctuating Dialog
- Dialog Tags (I also have this one in a printable pdf version)


Need help with Verb Tense Consistency and using Time Phrases? 

Download pages 62-27 from the ESL Writer's Handbook.  (Yes, that's the one I recommended on the first day of class!)



No comments:

Post a Comment