Ye Zhu
ESL 220-3
Austin Kaufmann
The final draft
9-23-2014
An important experience in my life
Every family’s story is like a great book, so each person has their own story. It includes many struggles or something sounds bad and we dislike, also negative experience can be a positive thing to help us grow up better and learn some more important philosophy. For me, a big test changed me a lot. In china, students in a middle school need to get a minimum score to go to a better environment to study for a high school. Many students are afraid of that because they didn’t want to get a low score and they cannot accept it, all the students had studied for three years. They want to get a good response. The most important exam didn’t only teach us how to be a good student, but also teach us to be a more mature person. By experienced the process, I found it told me how to clear up our regrets from the challenges.
I learned in a good middle school in the local city, and I was so proud of my grade that I felt a little bit complacent about the test. In the practicing test, the full score of the seven subjects is 700 points, and I got 640 points. Naive child would consider the consequence of the final test will be the same. One month before the last real test began, it was a hot afternoon. All the other students were paying attention on their homework hardly. When I finished all the homework, I even began to draw on the worksheet, because I don’t like to review the knowledge and I was afraid of solving the academic problems that I had never seen before. I felt so boring that I put my pencil into the drawer of the desk and pulled on the zipper of my school bag. I said to my desk mate: let us go to play basketball, the homework was not too much and you can finish it soon, but he refused me, I was a little bit shy because he could get higher score than me. After a while the monitor told it to our math teacher that I was going to play basketball. I don’t know what happened later. Finally, my parents and my math teacher came to the court to take me home. I felt very angry because I had promised to my parents that I could go to the high school which they wanted me to go, I had reviewed what teachers had taught in the class today. Also I had promised my teacher that I mustn’t affect my classmates. However, they didn’t listen to my reason.
One evening, while I was doing the homework in my bedroom, I over heard my parents talking in the sitting room. I crept to the door and put my ear to the wood heard that they said: why is our son so naughty?’’ It was my mother. I could imagine her shaking her head even without seeing her. “He could go to the best school,” but if he kept skipping classes and playing basketball everyday like this, nobody can guarantee him to get the strong grade.” I could imagine him spoke with a hopeless expression. After listening their words like those, I moved back to my desk. I had heard enough and I knew I had to disappoint them. As a result, I was not so confident like before and was scared what I should do if I wouldn’t get the strong score as I imagined eventually. There was an answer in my heart. In those days, I studied at home everyday. My father always came into my bedroom and said with a warm smile: Zhu Ye, we believed that you can get the same score like the imitate test or you can get a better score at last. What you need to do is just to focus on what you need to now. Don’t give up until the last second.” At the last several days before the last exam, I found that I also had lots of knowledge what I even didn’t see before. Maybe I just get the good score last time because of the good luck.
Finally, I needed to go to the particular location to finish the graduation test, it could decide where we could go and what emotion we will have when the results came out. I was very excited to see my classmates and my teachers at that day, we said hello to each other and with some blessing words. During the test time, I met really difficult questions for me and felt very depressed at that moment. However, my father’s voice seemed to ring out surround my ears. I didn’t put my pencil down until the examiner asked us to stop answering. After several days, I called my teacher to ask my grade, when she said the score to me, my world most likely to be black for just one or two seconds, and my heart was likely to stop beating. I knew I just got 600 points in the most important exam. It was a really bad message for me to accept, but my parents didn’t blame to me this time. Oppositely, they told me not to be negative and I still can go to the school that we want, they were satisfied with the score. I certainly felt a little bit sad but I didn’t have any regrets at all. I seemed to lose face but I knew that if I had tried my best, it was a great feeling to not have any regrets. If I get the higher score in the last test, I also could get the same feeling.

A good life lesson for you, for me and for everyone. Everyone wants to be successful in their life but nobody wants to actually work hard to achieve their goal. I am proud of you. You tried your best to be a winner in your life. Keep it up. Pengcheng He
ReplyDeleteSo the test was college entrance exam? I think 600 is a pretty good score though.
ReplyDeleteBel
I have experienced a lot of these kind of situations. They can just make you stronger. We learn from everything we do, mistakes actually show us the right direction. Interesting essay!
ReplyDeleteAt least you have learned something valuable lesson from this experience. Nobody achieves goal without hard-working. For the next time, you will know how to do it.
ReplyDelete