Friday, August 29, 2014

Austin by the NUMB3R5

5178844325 office telephone number
     Feel free to call my ELC office in Wells Hall B280 for an appointment at any time.
13994 age in days
     I was born on Easter Sunday, May 9th, 1976.  Yeah, I'm old.
2786 students I've taught
     An estimated number of all my students, past and present.
190 height in centimeters
     That's 6'3", which was WAY too tall when I lived in Korea .
178 weight in pounds
     For those interested, that's a little less than 81 kg.
94 songs I've written
     Not all of them are good, but you can listen to a few of my older ones here.
23 countries I've visited
     For a map of the ones I've visited, click here.
15 years teaching English
     At GHS (IN), Jalalabat School #14 (Kyrgyzstan), ILI and AU (DC), SKKU and SNU (Korea), and MSU (MI)!
14 years I have been married
     Sorry, no wedding pics!  Digital photography wasn't really around in 2001!  Now I really feel old!
7 foreign languages I've studied
     In chronological order: Spanish, German, Lithuanian, Latvian, Kyrgyz, Russian, and Korean.
5 instruments I play
     In descending order of proficiency: guitar, harmonica, mandolin, bass, and piano.
4 countries I've lived in
     United States (32 years), Korea (3 years), Kyrgyzstan (27 months), Lithuania (7 months)
3 years at MSU
     This is the longest I've ever worked in one place.  I guess I like it here!
2 children
     A son, Finley, and a daughter, Anara
1 language I speak well
     Sadly, I've never become fluent in a foreign language, so I'm envious of you, my dear students!

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I love this post. U are going to be my favorite professor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since this is a post before mine, can I make a comment please ? I really love this introduction, I love the way you show us your information. I love dealing with numbers, so I feel so comfortable and curious to read this introduction. --Lewis

    ReplyDelete